Friday, June 24, 2011

Happy Father's Day


Wanted to post this few days ago, but seems to be lazy... hehe.. I was thinking of making sponge cake with cream cheese topping, but then I thought why not try something different and fancy. So I decided on butter cupcakes with fresh cream topping.  And can practice some flower piping as well.  (Please pardon the out of shaped flower.. :p)



For the cupcakes, I used butter cake recipe.  I made 16 cups of cupcakes, the balance of the batter I poured into a small tin and baked a thin butter butter cake.  I just pour about 3/4 full batter into the cups, cause I don't want the cake to rise over the cups.  (easier for me to do the topping later, as I'm inexperience, if the cake rise higher than the cups, it's harder for me to make a smooth surface.)  

Butter Cake Recipe

Ingredients:
250g Butter
200g Caster Sugar
6 Large Eggs (about 85g each)
220g Self-Raising Flour
40ml Milk

Method:
  1. Beat butter and castor sugar until light and fluffy.  Scraping down the sides a few times to check if the sugar has dissolved before going to the next step.
  2. Add the eggs one by one, beating well after each addition, and then add in the milk.
  3. Fold in the flour.
  4. Pour the batter into prepared cake tin (lightly greased or lined bottom of tin with paper).  If you're using cups, then pour around 3/4 full.
  5. Bake in preheated oven at 160 to 180C for 40-60 minutes or until the wooden skewer that plunged into the cake comes out clean. (If cups, bake about 25-30 minutes)

As for the topping, I used "Value Pride" whip cream. Beat 300ml of the whip cream at medium speed for around 7 minutes, and you'll get a nicely done fresh cream.  (It tastes like vanilla ice cream.. :p)  Mix some of it with the colors you like and do any decorations that you can imagine...


Happy Father's Day !!

No comments:

Post a Comment