Monday, June 20, 2011

Egg Tart


This is my first trial on egg tart... doesn't look very good.. coz of the burnt egg custard on the sides of the pastries.  I guess the reason is I put too much egg custard, causing it to overflow and cause the burnt.  The taste of the tart is ok only.. the pastry doesn't taste so good, i suppose cause it's my first trial.  

The dough of the pastry is kinda wet when I prepare it.  I think it's not suppose to be so wet.  Nevermind, it's 1st trial anyway.. :)





Another mistake I made is my pastry skin is kinda thick.. so I end up got a lot of the egg custard leftover.

I got this recipe from Sally.  Here's her version of the egg tart.  Looks so much better ain't it.


Here's the recipe of the egg tart:

A: Butter 130 g
    Icing sugar 37 g
    1 egg
    Medium protein flour 180 g 

B: Hot water 160 g
    Sugar 140g
    1/2 tablespoon Vanilla essence
    6 eggs
    100 g ideal milk

Method:
1. Stir using spatula / whisker the skin ingredients A until well-mixed, place on the tart mold.
2. Melt sugar in hot water, add in vanilla essence, then ideal milk and eggs.
3. Bake at 180 d.c. for 20-30 minutes until the pastries turn golden brown.




No comments:

Post a Comment