Saturday, February 18, 2012

Bacon Roll


Been MIA for few months from my blog.. I guess now's the time to get started with what I've been storing in my hard disk these few months. Here's the Bacon Roll I prepared during the Chinese New Year.  Yeah.. I know.. such a delayed post.. but anyway, here's the original recipe from the book "Fortunes Aplenty" (Seashore Publishing).  But obviously I only get the idea from the book and with modification of the recipes.  It's common as Chinese cooking doesn't need you to necessarily following the recipe 100%. :) It all depends on what you have in the fridge or shelves..

BACON ROLL

Ingredients A:
10 slices Bacon
2 tbsp mayonnaise (I add in about 1 tbsp of chilli sauce)

Ingredients B:
250g fish paste (I replaced this with mixture of pork and prawn)
1 stalk coriander (chopped) (I omitted this)
50g carrot (chopped)
3 pieces water chestnut (chopped and squeezed)

Seasonings:
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar (I omitted this)
1/8 tsp pepper
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 egg white
1 tsp corn flour

Sauce:
2 tbsp LP Sauce (I replaced with Lee Kum Kee Light Soy Sauce)
1 tsp Maggie seasoning sauce
5 tbsp water
2 tbsp chilli sauce (I used 1 tbsp only)


Method:
1. Soak bacon in water for 10 minutes.  Remove and dry with kitchen towel, then cut into 2 slices.
2. Mix Ingredients B with Seasonings till sticky and divide the mixture into 20 portions.
3. Lay a piece of bacon and top with a portion of fish paste.  Roll it up to become a cylinder.
4. Heat up some oil in flat-bottom pan.  Place in bacon rolls with the sealed side facing down.  Pan-fry over low heat till both sides turn light brown (turn it over during half way)
5. Pour in Sauce ingredients.  Lightly stir till the sauce is dried.
6. Remove and arrange the rolls on serving plate.  Drizzle the top with mayonnaise.


Since I didn't weight my ingredients I still got left over of the meat.  So I just keep it in the fridge.  And guess what, this is what I do with the left over meat after the Chinese New Year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment